Practically Shooting

What was your first shotgun?

Moe

Single shot .410 at the age of 8. Traded that sucker in on a Stevens (?) bolt 3 shot .410 repeater, that I managed to promptly blow up with a "reloaded" shell! (Took the guts out of a 12 round, including the primer, and stuffed it ALL in a 410 hull!!!) Saying is the Lord watches out for fools and small children,, in that case he was doing double duty!

Next was an old Savage side by side that I proceded to chop off to 18 1/4 inches. Still managed to kill a lot of squirrel with that old blunderbuss.

Know a lot of folks who still own firearms from their childhood, but I've allways tried to trade up and never look back.

Bob

Mine was a Stevens bolt action .410. I couldn't hit anything except for sitting rabbits and squirrels, but it sure was fun trying. I hate to think about how many pheasants we wounded with it... After a couple years my great uncle gave me a single shot 20ga that kicked like a mule, but would easily take down a pheasant. It's unfortunate that someone felt they needed it worse than us, it's gone forever.

Wayne

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...