Practically Shooting

.38 Special v .38 Special+P in a Snubbie

Scotty

After shooting thousands of rounds of +P and std 38 Spec in my Model 19 and Dan Wesson 25 years ago, I would think the only advantage you're going to see in a 2" barrel is lots of extra flash and muzzle blast.

Unless you're familiar with and used to shooting a light, snub nose revolver, it's going to take a lot of practice for you to be able to stay in the black at anything over fifteen feet. Full house +P rounds are only going to make that more difficult. I'd buy a truck load of wadcutter ammo and get really good with that at distances up to 15 yards and then start trying the +P.

After shooting thousands of rounds of +P and std 38 Spec in my Model 19 and Dan Wesson 25 years ago, I would think the only advantage you're going to see in a 2" barrel is lots of extra flash and muzzle blast.

Unless you're familiar with and used to shooting a light, snub nose revolver, it's going to take a lot of practice for you to be able to stay in the black at anything over fifteen feet. Full house +P rounds are only going to make that more difficult. I'd buy a truck load of wadcutter ammo and get really good with that at distances up to 15 yards and then start trying the +P.

I agree w/ G-Man...needless flash & muzzle blast w/ +P's from a 2" barrel. I bring std 38sp to the range with my 2" Rossi revolver, however I carry Glaser Safety Slugs. There're hot rounds but w/ less muzzle blast than +P's.