Practically Shooting

Shared some range time with Brueggma this weekend

wwillson

Brueggma met myself and another shooting friend of mine at one of the local ranges this weekend. It's really fun to put a name to a face and build that 'shooting buddy' network. Brueggma may be a fairly new shooter, but sure handled himself like a pro. Not a single time did I feel like I was shooting with someone I needed to keep a watchful eye on. I hope he had a good time and enjoyed shooting a variety of guns. After shooting his Glock, I think I might be closer to becoming a Glock owner.

Wayne

Wayne,

I certainly did have a good time with you guys! Thank you for sharing your time, expertise, and firearms with me. BUT you're going to have to let me buy you some lunch next time before we go, its a little hard to talk/listen with ear plugs in..

I really appreciated the tips you guys gave concerning my bad shooting habits, that I never noticed before! ie: leaning back when firing.

I have a lot to learn, but I think I have the basics down:

1. ALWAYS assume the firearm is loaded

2. never point the firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot.

3. safety check a firearm when someone gives it to you. (see #1)

The only bad thing about about the outing is that I now really want a 1911! Does the addiction for a new firearm ever go away? t-up

I've found that with the big gripped handgun, when you pick them up they feel weird, but if you shoot them enough you don't even notice.

Wayne

I shoot fine and love the fat grip of my FN-P 45 and my Sig with the HUGE Pachmyars.