Practically Shooting

Became a NRA life member today

wwillson

I have been thinking about becoming a life member for a while. Today I went online to renew my annual membership and saw that they have a program called EPL (Easy Payment Life) member. It allows you to pay the $1,000 life membership over 10 years. That's 4 $25 payments/yr. To me this was a no brainer - if your not a life member, then you should consider it now.

Wayne

Congratulations and thank you.

I have thought about it many times but for a while there I was getting mad at the NRA every few years so I guess I didn't want to commit. Then more recently is the little matter of not working a real job in ten years.

So I keep paying annually or three years at the most at one pop.

The numbers are screwy for several reasons. One is ambivalence of course. A lot of gun owners are "casual gun owners" who look at them like they look at their car, computer, or coffeemaker. It's a thing they own and that's it. They couldn't tell you which amendment covered arms and don't care.

I know of several gunowners who won't join because they are afraid they will get more mail from them than they already do. They have told me that themselves.

Still others have the idea that they will be targeted first if there is ever gun confiscation and they are on "the list". I usually ask them why they think they aren't on the list now.

Still others have the idea that they will be targeted first if there is ever gun confiscation and they are on "the list". I usually ask them why they think they aren't on the list now.

If you've ever filled out a 4473, then I'll promise you you're on the list.