Practically Shooting

New shop and Blackhawk convertible rarity

Pablo

As I mentioned in the pistol thread - I went to a different gun shop yesterday. Talked to the sharp young guy behind the counter about the Blackhawk convertibles. He said they can't keep them in stock and they are just plain rare. He said he's personally wanted the 45 version for a year - he hasn't specifically ordered it, but said the wait would be long time. He yelled over to the boss about ordering some - like one of each, the boss yelled back to get some of each, including 5 of the 38/357/9mm version. I was surprised!

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I've seen a convertible in the local gun shop (aside from Single Sixes). Blackhawks, yes, but no convertibles.

Ruger seems to make things in waves. I know manufacturers do that- run one line for a while, then another- but Ruger seems to do it a lot more obviously. The shop can't get a certain type of Ruger for a while, like model 77 rifles, then gets plenty of those and can't get SP101s for six months.

But the convertible thing is odd. If they are making Blackhawks, they should be able to make extra cylinders.

Ruger does things funny sometimes.

Last summer there was a used Ruger Blackhawk ,the smaller one in 45 acp and 45 long colt . I almost bought it for my wife because she likes single action pistols. But I after some thought I did not want to bring her shooting with me when I go shooting, I need the man time at the range talking about guns and cars in between making noise.

Last summer there was a used Ruger Blackhawk ,the smaller one in 45 acp and 45 long colt . I almost bought it for my wife because she likes single action pistols. But I after some thought I did not want to bring her shooting with me when I go shooting, I need the man time at the range talking about guns and cars in between making noise.

That's the rare one! Dang, you should have bought it. How much were they asking?

I hear you on the man time. My wife respects that. 45 revolver for the wife? Your heart was in the right place. How thoughtful!