Practically Shooting

BPS disassembly video on YouTube

G-MAN

This guy's 3-part series on disassembly and reassembly of the BPS was painful to watch. Nails, claw hammer, and no vocabulary--it was like watching an instructional video where the teacher not only doesn't know his subject, but is speaking Swahili too. If this guy can tear down a BPS and get it back together in working order, anyone can. (Just remember, if taking down a BPS is too much for you, you can always take it to a "gun broker." laugh )

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I really couldn't get past driving a 16p galvanized finishing nail into the trigger mechanism retaining pin with a rusty claw hammer......it's worse than rebuilding an engine with a crow bar...pretty much torture to my eyes and ears.

EDIT: People like this are in the millions. They change oil. They drive cars. They breed. grin

No one is perfect. Do I always have the exact perfect tool for every application? No. Do I improvise? Of course. But there is reasonable gap....a judgment worth bridging. This guy pretty much nearly ignore all the man rules.

Why are people compelled to make instructional videos then fill it with terms like "thingy", "stuff" and "I don't know". Would be be too much to ask to either not bother with the video or maybe (crazy idea) learn the names of the parts your talking about.

LOL! I bought a Browning BPS 16 gauge a few years back. The trigger had a 7+ lb. pull from the factory. I planned to send it off to have it worked over. I got out my brass punches and brass mallet. I removed the pins and trigger assembly as easy as my 870. Then I picked up the gun and turned it over. Pieces that I had no idea what they were or where they came from went everywhere. Yes, I had to take it to my "gun broker"(gunsmith at the local shotgun range) who got it back together on the fourth try and in less than five minutes. He said that was a personal record. The trigger is now a nice, 3.5 lb pull.

I now have the Radocy takedown guide. More than likely I'll never take that trigger out of there again.

Ed