Practically Shooting

The Glock Fits

CamuMahubah

I chose the G23 cause it feels good in my hand. I like the trigger. I like the Tenifer finish. I like the Glock reputation. I like the simplicity. I like the Glock.

That said I have to disagree with the Glock slogan of "PERFECTION".

The gun is not perfect. Good enough for what I want it to do. Glock should change their slogan to "GOOD ENOUGH FOR MOST APPLICATIONS, RELIABLE, DURABLE, AND EASY TO MAINTAIN" LOL grin

That said I'm getting an M&P .40 next! I only wish I coulda bought both. Well I could have...should have... frown

My bud says, "It's just money!" Yah but I needed to get in the door and learn a bit first. K I'm ready for door number two now! smile

Yah it does fit nice. I should be a hand model for Glock. They must have used a guy/gal with a similiar sized hand in designing this model. I have smaller hands though. I couldn't imagine buying the Glock 22. When I pick one up the grip angle at that size becomes uncomfortable. The M&P felt nice. The M&P is on deck. Stay tuned!

Camu,

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I hope you will consider the S&W M&P 9mm. I'm glad to see that you are feeding the addiction buy adding to your handgun collection! You'll be able to afford to feed the 9mm much more than the 40S&W and frankly it's much more enjoyable to shoot.

Now if we can just get you into the reloading addiction as well, we'll have you completely hooked. cheers2

Wayne

Yah the G32 and G23 are supposedly the same gun and over at Glock Talk I've read that all I need is the barrel. So I will have 3 guns in one! 9mm,.357 Sig, and .40 S$W all from the same platform. I need some 9mm magazines and the two barrels and I'm good to go!

As for reloading...nah I don't think so. I leave all of the brass at the range piled on a table and it disappears...

I live in an apartment and don't think reloading is feasible at this time. I keep holding off on a house hoping I'll be able to move back to Florida one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get a conversion barrel for the G23 and effectively turn it into a 9mm. Thought of doing that just for the cheapness of the ammo.

What I really want is a G32 barrel so I can shoot the .357 Sig. Been wanting to try out that round for awhile now...

Be very careful when swapping calibers.

I'm a Glock certified armorer, and there in distince components that change in addition to the barrel. Off-hand, I can't tell you what they are, because some do interchagne and some do not. I don't have my Glock parts manual with me at work. If memory serves, there may be a difference in the ejector location; part of the drop in trigger housing assembly.

But my point is that I'm not sure you can just "swap the barrel" and be good to go.