Practically Shooting

Scottsdale Gun Club & Dillon Precision

wwillson

I just spent a week in Scottsdale at my BIL's home. We spend much quality time shooting at the Scottsdale Gun Club again this year. Quite an impressive place with 32 lanes. There is always a range master watching for potential safety issues, which is really nice that someone else is keeping an eye on the people around you too.

We also went to Dillon Precision's retail showroom to buy a Super Swage 600 and a couple .223 carbide resizing dies. I asked if we could get a tour of the manufacturing area. They didn't have time, but they MADE time, which really impressed me. It was awesome to see several hundred blue frames hanging on racks waiting to be assembled. We saw their assembly, R&D, parts, and shipping areas. Everything was very clean and well organized. They are assembling and shipping about 700 presses/month now and were shipping about 1000/mo after the election. They are proud of the fact they never had anything on backorder, but it took everyone working 6 10hr days to keep up. It's very evident that Dillon is driven by quality and customer satisfaction. I'll certainly be buying more Dillon products in the future.

The weather was 80F and sunny every day. I know where I'm going to retire!

Cool. I've never been to the club, but I was at Dillon in 1992. I thought they had moved since then, but the picture looks familiar. Then again, that is a pretty standard industrial park type of building that could be anywhere. It was in a sort of airport industrial park then.

Same deal- I went to see about buying some dies and the guy helping me took the time to show me around even though he was in the middle of other things.

I felt so bad I skipped the dies, bought a 550B and had it shipped home.

The 650 had just come out then, and they had frames hanging all over the back in anticipation of the demand, they said. I got the feeling they kept it full most of the time anyway and you just reinforced that.