Practically Shooting

Scottsdale Gun Club, Scottsdale, AZ

wwillson

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ this weekend enjoying a reprieve from the cold in the midwest. It's been in the mid 70's here with abundant sunshine, just so nice it's hard to go home.

My BIL and I went to the Scottsdale Gun Club yesterday with a friend of mine from Chicagoland who live here in the the winter. He is a member at SGC and was able to use guest passes to get us in for free. The range is simply incredible - 32 lanes of shooting bliss. It is the cleanest, quietest, best ventilated indoor range I've ever shot in. The walls behind the lanes are all covered with acoustic panels that help absorb the sound, which helps significantly with the indoor range noise problem. The lighting is so good it's like shooting outside. The range fee for public non-member walk-ins is $15/hr, which I believable is very reasonable for possibly the best indoor shooting range in the country.

You can rent many different full auto guns, which several people were shooting in the range. It's the first time I've ever seen a gun firing on full auto and it's pretty darn cool.

The showroom has a great selection of guns and accessories, no doubt the best I've ever seen.

If you ever have a chance to shoot there, do it..

Wayne

I have heard the Scottsdale Gun Club mentioned many times. It must be an impressive place if I've heard of it so much.

I was only in the area once, and had not heard of the place at that time. I did hear of a restaurant in a strip near ASU and somewhat close to Scottsdale that was said to make a good steak. While I missed SGC, I was only there a week but managed to hit that steak place at least twice!