Practically Shooting

Annual NSC Turkey Shoot

wwillson

Barry,

The sliding wobble Annie Oakley goes like this. Sliding mean that you will step back to handicap yardage as the judge sees fit. I really don't see the point the 'sliding' back as it just makes it much harder for anyone to break a target. I prefer that everyone just stay at 16, then if the caller misses his target, he's usually shot out. Wobble means that the thrower is set on an arc like normal trap, but the vertical angle varies from straight out (skimming the weeds) to about 40 degrees. You have to hold below the top of the house, because if you hold high and get a low bird you won't see the bird. Getting a low bird on one pull, then a high bird the next really messes with the folks how shoot lots of regulation trap. Annie Oakley means that if the caller misses his target the person to his right can shoot at the target. If the person to the right breaks the target the caller is out. This is progressive, last night we had an instance when the person (lucky me) who broke the target shot 4 others out. If you shoot out of order, you're out. If you shoot at an already broken target, you're out.

It's a ton of fun and can't wait to do it again...

Here's a video from last night:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Wayne