Practically Shooting

Timney "Trigger Fix" for Remington 870

wwillson

All,

I just installed the Timney Trigger Fix for my 870 Remington. The kit includes a new sear, three different pull weight springs, an allen wrench, and directions. It takes about 15 minutes to install and is pretty simple. However, if you aren't mechanically inclined, then I'd have a gunsmith or someone else who is capable do the job.

I installed the trigger fix because I've been having problems with not slapping the trigger hard enough and having to go after the target again, which is futile. After shooting my friends Krieghoff that has an awesome trigger, I decided I HAD to do something.

I'll tell you that the Timney trigger is just fantastic. No, it's not a Krieghoff, but it's pretty darn good. I set the trigger for about 2.5 lbs pull, which I really like. You'll have the ability to change the pull from < 2lbs to > 4lbs as the kit come with three spring strengths and is adjustable with an allen screw.

I called Timney to see if this kit works with the 1100 and it does.

If you shoot any amount of trap, skeet, etc. with an 870 or 1100 and still have the factory sear/spring, then GET this kit. I'll guarantee you'll like it.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...