Practically Shooting

Privilege

Arkie_Lefty

Left home Thurs evening and drove to Crete NE to spend a few days visiting with my nephew who works with Mr. Bob Marvel.

Yesterday Joe took me by to meet Mr. Marvel and tour his shop. These guys build some of the finest, most beautiful custom 1911 pistols on the face of this earth. Mr Marvel interrupted his work and spent several hours visiting. He's a very cordial fellow with intellect bordering on pure genius, and a grasp of how mechanical things "work" that most of us will never dream possible.

Visited a nearby Cabellas, and have had an excellent visit. NOW if it'll just quit snowing and all the roads clear so I can get back to Arkansas!

Bob

Bob,

That's truly a once in a lifetime opportunity! I have an engineer friend who is at a mechanical understanding level I can only dream of. It's a gift to be able to 'get it' when it comes to mechanical systems that are complex.

I sure wish I could have been a fly on the wall during your tour!

Wayne

BACK HOME!!!

Not too bad a drive, roads all clear. Never had a cop hit me with "instant on" radar, and it's a darn good thing! Valentine detector picks up "full time on" units MILES before they get a reading.

Gonna have one of them STI widebody frames if it harelips every cow in Texas! 38super (what I'll get) or 9mm have 36 round capacity! No, of course I don't need it! When did that make any difference?

Have a series 80 as new in box Colt that's got to go before that can happen though. 38 Super, also bbl and related parts to convert to 9mm if anyone is interested.

Bob