Practically Shooting

Brownell's

BarryinIN

I ordered some SCAR mags from Brownell's right before "it" happened.

Out of stock. Backordered.

I don't usually buy anything from Brownell's I can get elsewhere because I have to pay sales tax after they bought Sinclair's, located in Indiana.

I ordered from them this time as a backup plan. There is another place that I have ordered various things from for over ten years. I had got SCAR mags from them before and tried them first this time. That was a couple of weeks or more before things went haywire. They were out, and don't have a backorder system. Instead, they have a "click box to be notified" system.

I did that.

So I'm in line at these places. Brownell's and the other place.

Everybody has heard or seen magazine price gouging incidents, but the worst examples I've seen involved SCAR magazines. They were scarce until last summer, although they never got more than barely caught up. Then "it" happened. People are going crazy.

But I'm in line. I'll just wait.

Last week, the "click to notify" place gets 50 mags in. They sold them at the original price. That was good of them.

However, instead of going through the "notify" system, they went on a forum and "did the members a favor" and said first come first serve, they could have them, limit two. Gone in 32 minutes.

I got zero.

The forum thought it was great they sold them at original price instead of gouging. I don't see it that way, because regular customers playing by their rules got zip while people surfing the web at 3pm got mags.

I got an email from Brownell's yesterday. Mags are on the way.

Original price too.

I love Brownell's.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I have 9 G17 mags ($80 for a 3-pack) and 3 more G22 mags ($85 for a 3-pack) from Brownells on backorder. I do not have even have a G17, but I had planned on getting a 40-9 LWD conversion barrel in the future. My G22 will be 22LR, 9mm and 40 S&W caliber. Why not? AA kit was cheaper than a Buckmark.

I do appreciate that Brownells seem not to jack up their prices. They also have more bullets for reloading in stock than Midway.