Practically Shooting

Barrel Threading

dnewton3

Anyone have good success with barrel threading service that would be enough for a recommendation?

I used a company in UT last year, and the quality of the work was outstanding, but the wait and customer service was poor; I had to get the BBB involved. Ultimately was resolved, but I'd rather not go back to them at this point, simply due to the lack of expidiency.

• 1 month later...

I chose a service from OR called Tornado Technologies. The barrel is not back yet, but their customer service is good. They replied to my email and phone calls within a reasonable time; less than one day!

The barrel is already on it's way back, after only being gone for two weeks.

I'll report on the quality of the work after I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: barrel has returned.

Outstanding quality workmanship. Threads very nice and bluing decent.

Customer service was excellent. They returned emails withing a day or two, although calling them directly, I never got to speak with anyone. When they got to the office, the did call me and catch me at my desk. Very friendly and polite.

Total time was less than a month (not sure of the exact days) but well worth what I paid.

BTW, threaded barrel + suppressor + sub-sonic ammo + bolt action = FUN! No sound at all until the "whump" of the bullet striking the target.