Practically Shooting

Marlin 1894 -- .22 MRF

BigNate

Yes, Marlin seems to do things that make me wonder at times. When they weren't making 94s in .41 Mag chambering, they were bringing good money on the used market. That was a small part of why I got one when they brought them back a few years ago. Then they quit them again. I doubt it was from lack of sales, because the few my local shop got in were sold very quickly.

I looked on Marlin Owners forum, and it sees like a lot of those guys have 1894Ms in .22 Mag, but they also talked about them bringing a lot on Gunbroker.

There are a lot of gun variations they have made and dropped, or could make and don't. Just within the 336 and 1894 actions, there are dozens and dozens that I think would sell, like 16" barreled models, stainless in some that haven't been yet, etc. That's without getting into the Camp 9/45, the bolt actions they've made for a year or two, and the Model 60 .22 that could be made into a bunch of variations.

Now that they are Remington-ran, I don't know if they will do more, or less.

One thing to consider- Marlin has had a QC slide over the past few years. Maybe they need or want to stick to the basics until they get that in order.

I like the looks of the short magazine better. And on a .22, a half or 2/3 magazine would keep the fingers from all that work next to the muzzle.

But people want a bunch of ammo in .22s, so I doubt we will see it. Although, I'd think about anyone could resist the urge to blaze away with the extra cost of Magnums.

I wonder what it would cost to have one shortened. Ordinarily I wouldn't think it would be worth the cost just for looks, but since 1894Ms bring so much money now, it might not seem so much in comparison.