Practically Shooting

CZ 75 B In Polished Stainless

billt

This past Thursday I was at Cabela's roaming around, picking up some .45 ACP ammo they had on sale for $14.99 a box. I was walking the length of the gun counter, checking out if they had anything new, when on the bottom shelf this beautiful polished Stainless Steel CZ 75B jumped out at me. I've been looking for one in polished Stainless for several months, but had no luck finding one. All of the shops I called sang the same song. CZ produces very few of them in polished Stainless, and if they get any they don't last long.

I asked the clerk to see it, and he told me it was the only one they got in. I couldn't get my money out fast enough! What was really nice is it has the high grade Cocobolo Grips. Most of the Stainless 75's come with checkered rubber grips. These are beautiful, and really add to the beauty of the gun. Between the polished Stainless Steel, and the grips, it's pimped just enough. I like the CZ 75 because it's built like a tank. The rails inside the frame really makes for a nice slide to frame fit. The sights are fixed, standard 3-Dot.

This gun was the cover story in the September 2011 issue of Guns Magazine. And after reading it I really wanted to get my hands on one.

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/GUNS/GUNS0911/

Even the gun they featured in the magazine didn't have the Cocobolo Grips, so I got lucky. They really make the gun. Being solid steel it's a bit heavy for a full size 9 MM, but it's strictly a range gun, and I doubt I'll ever carry it. The gun comes with 2, 16 round magazines. The only downside to polished Stainless is that it shows every smudge and fingerprint. But a wipe down with a soft cloth makes it brilliant enough to cause a car accident if you carried it on a sunny day! Christmas came a few days early!