Practically Shooting

Lee Progressive Press for $126.50

I'm not a big fan of Lee's progressive presses, but I just saw on their closeout page they have at least one each reconditioned Pro1000 press setup in either 9mm, .40 S&W, 10mm, 45 ACP, and .38 Spl. Like I said, I'm not overwhelmed with their progressive presses, but for $126.50, I didn't mind pointing it out.

http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Closeouts/

I do most of my reloading with either a classic turret (okay about 90%) and the rest of it with a classic cast from Lee.

Love both, have had over the years RCBS, Dillion and such but my current setup works the best I've ever had.

With that said I'd pass on their pro series. I know there is a TON of ammo made on them but from what I've witnessed with those presses it seems to be a hobby just keeping them going correctly.

Thanks for the link. I'll go see if they have anything else (like another classic cast)

Take care, Bill

They do have some Classic Cast "seconds", but it didn't seem like a steal for a second. Maybe it is, I don't know. They are in the same link.

I like the Classic Cast, but the progressives...not so much. I've never owned one, but have seen enough.

That seems to be how it goes with Lee. I really like some of his stuff, and really dislike others.

The Factory Second Classic cast is $85.

The Challenger Breech lock (second) is $65.

A quick search online shows the Classic Cast at a little under $100, so one might save a few bucks on it.

The Challenger though, I saw it at Midsouth for $51.59- $13.41 or around 20% less than the factory second.

It pays to check, I guess.

The reason I watch the Lee factory store site is for closeouts on bullet moulds. I have seen good deals there, and I've seen them for more than the usual online sellers. And it's not always the oddball stuff.

I had a Lee LoadMaster for about two years until I literally gave it away. I got to the point where I couldn't tolerate messing with the primer feeder trying to get it to feed reliably. Then I bought a Hornady Lock-n-Load AP and am simply amazed at how well the primer feeder works.

Wayne