Practically Shooting

Bought a S&W Bodyguard .380ACP

Pablo

Since you own a Kahr CW9:

How do they compare in size?

I am assuming the Bodyguard is smaller in at least some area(s), so is it enough smaller to be worth going from 9mm to .380?

The reason I'm asking is that as recently as a couple of years ago, the size difference between the smallest available .380s and 9mms was not enough to make a difference to me. If I could conceal the .380, I could conceal a 9mm. If one was cutting it so close they thought the size difference mattered, they probably weren't hiding the .380 as well as they thought either.

I was wondering if the Bodyguard and other recent ones were enough smaller to matter. I can't tell without holding one in my own hands and I have not.

I own and carry the LCP .380acp pretty well everywhere. Either as a primary or BUG.

The size difference is quite a bit. Even from the LCP to the LC9. The LCP is truly a pocket gun that allows many ways to carry with ease.

The prices on the body guard sure have dropped. Let us know what you think Paul once you get a few hundred rounds through it.

I have no concern about .380acp vs 9mm. I'm more concerned with having something vs nothing. The LCP for me allows something all the time.

Pretty well ANY .380 JHP expands well with quite a bit of penetration. Even out of a pocket gun like Paul's new one or a LCP. Here is a round that I recovered;

Size does matter! smile (and I'm a BIG guy with lots of space to carry)

Take care and congrads Paul on the new weapon!

Bill

Since you own a Kahr CW9:

How do they compare in size?

I am assuming the Bodyguard is smaller in at least some area(s), so is it enough smaller to be worth going from 9mm to .380?

Actually I own a CM9. The Bodyguard size difference is noticeable, about 1/2-3/4" or so shorter - not a huge difference in height, but mainly the beauty of the S&W is it's just thinner. See how thin the others are with a laser.

Well actually the CW is noticeably larger than the CM

Code:
Kahr Model Legend

TP: Polymer Frame, 4" Barrel
KP: Polymer Frame, 3.6" Barrel, 2.5" Barrel (.380 ACP Models)
PM: Polymer Frame, 3" Barrel
KT: Steel Frame, 4" Barrel
K: Steel Frame, 3.5" Barrel
M: Steel Frame, 3" Barrel
CW: Concealed Weapon, Polymer Frame & Stainless Steel Slide, 3.6" Barrel
CM: Concealed Weapon, Polymer Frame & Stainless Steel Slide, 3.0" Barrel

1st Three Numbers
454: .45 ACP
404: .40 S&W
919: 9mm (with External Safety & LCI)
909: 9mm
383: .380 ACP 	4th Number
0: Carbon Steel, Black Oxide*
1: Carbon Steel, Nickel Finish*
2: Carbon Steel, Black T Finish*
3: Matte Stainless Steel
4: Blackened Stainless Steel
6: Polished Stainless Steel, Elite98*
8: Polished Stainless Steel, Elite2003
* Discontinued

Letters at end
L: Crimson Trace Laser Sight
N: Tritium Night Sights
NOVAK: Novak Low Profile Tritium Night Sights

So anyways - when I was at the site - sure enough, they now have a CM40!! POOP - wish I had waited.