Practically Shooting

Bought a case of CCI 22LR Mini-Mags (5000)

wwillson

Good deal. I was just pricing cases of .22 ammo and I think Mini-Mags were running $260-275 range.

It's nice to have a lot on hand, that works, so you don't have to think about anything but grabbing some and going shooting.

I find I have to switch brands now and then. They all have problems at one time or another. I used Remington Target for a while as my general shooting round, then Winchester T22 for a long time, then Fed Hi-Vel, etc. I have been lucky and the cases I've got have been mostly good. I'd hate to buy a case just as that maker started a downhill QC slide.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wayne,

Locally, Northern Ohio, I've been seeing powder, bullets and primers coming back in stock. Seems like the only ammo in short supply is 22 rimfire. When it is in stock, the kind I use, CCI standard velocity is double in price from last fall. Common caliber ammo is available about 1-1/2 times as high as last fall.

I used to laugh at the high price of Weatherby ammo. Now the other brands / calibers have caught up.