Practically Shooting

Increased capacity Savage 11 magazines?

Pablo

There is a place called Sharp Shooters Supply or something like that, who carries a lot of stuff for Savage bolt actions. I'd start by tracking them down if you haven't already.

I was looking at a friend's Savage (the HB .308 with about a 20" barrel) with detachable magazine. He was somewhat bemoaning the four-round capacity, but I was admiring how nice and compact that magazine was.

There is a place called Sharp Shooters Supply or something like that, who carries a lot of stuff for Savage bolt actions. I'd start by tracking them down if you haven't already.

I was looking at a friend's Savage (the HB .308 with about a 20" barrel) with detachable magazine. He was somewhat bemoaning the four-round capacity, but I was admiring how nice and compact that magazine was.

For sure when hunting the 4 round, LIGHT, compact stock mag will be ideal. Target practice, maybe a few rounds more.

This is the place:

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

I sent them an email.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I'd love to find higher capacity magazines for my Thompson center dimension. After my pig experience last weekend. 

Punching paper I just load one shot at a time. A misplaced shot in a pig on the run only see,s to anger them. And trying to fire a precision shot while a pig is running at you isn't as easy as one might think. 

I can't help you with the savage. If anyone hears about higher capacity magazines for a Thompson center dimension please give me a holler. 

Sorry about the thread jack Pablo.