Practically Shooting

Browning Buck Mark

wwillson

I picked up a Buck Mark with the "Ultragrip RX" grips a couple days ago at BPS. Wow was I impressed with the fit and comfort. I've been thinking about another .22 pistol. Virtually everyone I talk to that has a Buck Mark can't say enough good about them. Thoughts?

Wayne

When I shot .22 handgun silhouette in the mid 90s, the Buckmark silhouette model was extremely popular. Some of that was because it was one of the few purpose-made .22 silhouette pistols, but obviously a big part of it was how well they shot. I would guess the guns used were 40% Buckmarks, 35-40% Contenders, and the remaining 20-25% was a mix of everything else.

Like I said in the other thread I like mine.

Sights are a little narrow and I HATE the take down to clean the gun (be careful not to strip the threads. VERY easy and common) but over all I'd buy another. I don't clean it often and it seems not to care. (I do clean the barrel, just don't take it down)

Put about 150 rounds down range today with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been considering one of these as my first firearm purchase. I've also been looking at the Ruger Mark III, but when I got a Stainless Camper in my hands at the store last night, I was (nearly) sold.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Camper and Standard models? The Camper sells for a bit less and had a round barrel rather than the slab-side, but otherwise they seem to have identical specs.