Practically Shooting

Uncle Mike's inside the pant holsters

wwillson

http://www.unclemikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html

I ordered a Crossbreed holster for my LC9, but it won't be in until after I need it. Does anyone use these Uncle Mike's inside the pant/belt holsters? I found one at a local gun shop, but don't want to buy until I've heard your experience with them.

Thanks,

Wayne

I've used them a long time ago in the mid 80s. They were awful. They don't fit, don't hold their shape, don't stay in place- awful. They are like a sock with a belt clip on them- a poor belt clip.

They were what turned me off IWB carry for several years until I tried something better.

If needing a holster just to get by, I'd try to get a Don Hume holster. The quality is plenty good enough and much better than a UM, the price isn't much more, and they are usually available.

Isn't it sad? Sad because they could do better. If it was a Cordura material like their other holsters, it would be so much better. It would be thicker than most leather IWBs but at least it would be more useable.

I have one of their ankle holsters around here somewhere, and I think it was of that same Cordura as the hip and shoulder holsters but thinner. But I could be remembering it wrong. If so, that would be better than what they do.

If had an IWB that fit that gun, I would have offered to send it as a loaner but I don't have any. I've done that a lot for people waiting on their real holster order. I guess that says a lot about both the amount of not-in-service holsters I have and the lack of decent temporary holsters available.

If had an IWB that fit that gun, I would have offered to send it as a loaner but I don't have any. I've done that a lot for people waiting on their real holster order. I guess that says a lot about both the amount of not-in-service holsters I have and the lack of decent temporary holsters available.

Super nice gesture Barry!

Thanks,

Wayne

Hey, if the cost of postage can get a holster I'm not using to someone that might otherwise have to buy something...marginal...while they wait for an order to come in, what the heck.

Consider this a standing offer to anyone here.

If you have a holster on order that will take a while, let me know and I'll check the holster library for a loaner.

This reminds me- I have some out to a guy who asked for my address to return them...a few months ago. I haven't seen them.

I hope he just hasn't sent them yet. The alternative is that they got lost along the way. Dang, I forgot all about that.