Practically Shooting

L.A. Police Gear Bailout Bags on Sale $14.99

Nice-for-the-money range or grab'n'go bag on sale:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

They show it listing at $60, and their usual price at $45, but they have a sale on them every two or three months. I think they are usually $20 when they go on sale, and not $15 like now however.

They come in a few colors, but you only get the Henry Ford choice of black in this sale.

I have some of these, plus one of the smaller size, and they are pretty decent bags. Actually they are pretty nice bags.

There is velcro and snap hooks and puches and flaps all over the place.

The problem (perhaps): I can't remember where they are made, but it isn't the USA. I couldn't find a tag on mine now. It wasn't China, but I can't remember where.

Not many of these are made in the USA. Eagle gear usually is, but when I got my bags from LA Police Gear a couple of years ago, I couldn't find an Eagle bag in stock anywhere.

Even if I could have found an Eagle, I could have only bought one. Since I was buying the cheap ones, I got several in different colors.

It's been handy having them.

With plenty of bags, I don't have to unload and repack a single bag for different uses. I have different ones filled or set up according to the gun(s) and situation they will accompany. One is for ARs, another for Garands, one for the Steyr Scout, and one for handguns. The AR one has things I might need to respond to a bump in the night- mags, light, first aid stuff, etc.

Anyway...

Mine have held up. The material is thick enough. The handles run all the way under to become reinforcing webbing like they should instead of just being tacked in place and looking cool.

The zippers are plastic, but robust, and mine have been used a lot without trouble.

There is a velcro'd in place divider in the main compartment that you can move or remove. It has a shoulder strap, which I'm not sure the description mentioned at the time. The strap's snap hooks are plastic, as are the bag's D rings they hook onto, but...$15.

• 5 months later...

It's on sale again, but for $16.99 now. But you get a choice of black, tan, or OD this time around. And it's still pretty cheap.

Having multiple colors is nice. I have different things in mine, so have different colors to identify them. And it lets me adapt to the terrain as I go about my day in a tactical manner.