Practically Shooting

Has anyone seen a M&P22 Pistol yet?

wwillson

Haven't seen one in person. I honestly forgot about it. The first I heard of it was when they showed up on Buds Gun Shop website with a sku number but no price a few months ago, which created a stir for a while among some M&P fans I know. There was much debate over whether it would have early teething problems like the first Walther P22s (I guess Walther is going to make the M&P22?). Then I forgot all about it.

My question back then was: How big will it be? Will it be the same as the centerfires or scaled down?

Do you know?

EDIT: Once I actually followed the link, I saw it's pretty much the same size and weight as the 9/40 cal standard size guns.

The reason I ask is- I wouldn't get one as a companion/practice piece to my M&P because I don't use my M&P that much. But- I might be interested in a smaller one. So many .22 pistols are either tiny things or full size. I want one that's in between- big enough to shoot easily but no bigger. The Walther P22 and Sig Mosquito are the right idea, but DA, and I'm not a DA auto fan. An SA or Glock/M&P/XD type trigger would be OK. That's why I'm interested in that new Browning 1911-.22 in 85% scale.

I always liked the Beretta 87 Cheetah though, even if they are DA.

How much will the M&P .22 run?