Practically Shooting

Ruger 1911

BarryinIN

Seems every company now makes a 1911 and an AR15 of varying quality. I would buy the Ruger after all the recalls are done with. Every Ruger I have owned and sold have been flawless. But the only 1911s I will own will have no known MIM parts. Other guns can but I'll stand my ground on the 1911s. If they don't cost big bucks they are not worth owning.

• 2 months later...

I like this new Ruger 1911. It's nice the way they've accented the color of the Stainless with the blued, (or blackened), operating controls. Nice dovetailed Nokack Sights are an additional plus.

The street price on this gun will be in the high five hundred dollar area which makes it a real bargain. I'll wait until the availability gets a little better near the end of the year before I pick up one. The Remington R-1 Models took about 6 months before they became plentiful on the market, and prices stabilized.

There is a resurgence in 1911 popularity, and not everyone is standing in line to dump 2 grand plus on a new Ed Brown or Les Baer in a rancid economy, so this Ruger will undoubtedly sell very well. Between their SR-556 AR-15 and this new 1911, Ruger is going in the right direction sales wise. Bill T.

I got to shoot one of these the other week and nice 1911! Would not cycle my light loads that I use for paper punching but it was still pretty new.

Shooting 200gn LSWC it ran perfect for the 100 rounds we put through it. Very good trigger (like most 1911 these days) and the sights are EXCELLENT!

I'd have no problem getting one if in the market. Ruger makes excellent weapons. t-up

Bill

I had little to no interest in these when they came out. I love 1911s, but thought we had plenty of places making them a long time ago.

But at least judging from initial reports, it looks like Ruger might have gotten it right. I'm still not sure this was needed but if they were going to do it, I'm glad they did it this way.

The one advantage is has over some others is price. I hope it stays that way. I've seen too many similar 1911s start out at a good price then climb after they got popular. Ruger doesn't seem to have a habit if that, however.