Practically Shooting

Double Glock full auto

wwillson

The gun...or guns, are for sale over at EGuns. It is not a set of Glocks but 2 CZ 52 in 7.62 Tokarev put together at the rails. Despite comments at the linky, there is no way the recoil is going to be reduced or canceled. Interesting but it begs the question why anybody would do this. Contrary, the advertisement on the sale does not list these as full auto but as a double pistol. If you read German, here's the sale page:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=31...866bb04f3c2af6b

That isn't the silliest thing I've seen done with guns, but I can't name a better one right this moment.

Eliminate recoil? No. Eliminate muzzle climb? I suppose it would be theoretically possible. Besides the obvious fact that the muzzle climb would be reduced by shooting the gun on it's side (trading muzzle climb for muzzle side twist), the two guns would have to be fired at exactly the same moment. Even if that were possible, variations in primer ignition, powder charges, etc, would prevent an absolute cancellation of forces.

I would think the best you could achieve would be offsetting actions, though not exactly equal in amounts and timing.

Given a super efficient compensator with a cartridge making enough gas pressure and volume to make it work, you can eliminate muzzle climb that way...and you don't have to fire two rounds in exact unison to do it. Rob Leatham's mid-90s 9x25 Dillon proved that. When loaded with light 90 grain bullets at ridiculous velocities, photos showed the muzzle actually dropped when it was fired. The gas from the comp was more than enough to offset the muzzle flip. To get there, however, it was loaded to a power factor that was way over what was required by IPSC/USPSA and not worth the trouble. He said the actual recoil that came more or less straight back into the hand was pretty stout.

If one's goal is to simply say they eliminated muzzle climb, shoot the gun upside down.