Practically Shooting

Para-Ordnance 1911 .45ACP

Pablo

My Para experience has been mixed but mostly negative. The first was OK (though not great), the second was junk (broke the ejector before finishing the first magazine, and never did work well), and the third was somewhere in the middle (the middle of OK and junk still isn't so good).

That seems to fit in about average with the experience of others.

Being not much less than a similar level Springfield, if any, and not that much less than a Colt, I have decided they aren't worth bothering with.

Not worth it to buy an out of state in an auction gun here unless it's an exceptional deal - and I'm not seeing that for 1911's on Gunbroker. After the price (which I know can get nearly the same locally), then I'll pay shipping, then the license fees, and now sales tax!

Not worth it to buy an out of state in an auction gun here unless it's an exceptional deal - and I'm not seeing that for 1911's on Gunbroker. After the price (which I know can get nearly the same locally), then I'll pay shipping, then the license fees, and now sales tax!

Well, you said you couldn't find a new Colt, so all the benefits of buying locally are moot if there is nothing to buy. That's why I suggested Gunbroker.

I love Gunbroker, but I like trading away my dead wood too, and I can't do that there. I mostly use it for things I just can't find on a regular basis. GB's variety can't be beat then. Guns I'll see one of every five years, I'll see 20 of them on Gunbroker at any given time.

But I've never bought a new gun through them. If I was going to, a Colt might be it. I like Colts, but their production schedule and supply system can be pretty frustrating. It's feast or famine. In my local shop (which is pretty good) I won't see more than one or to new Colts one year, then they will keep a half dozen of them in stock for months even though they are selling.

People are always clamoring for Colt to add new models and start making DA revolvers again. I'd like to see that too, especially the D-frame revolvers, but they need to do better with supplying what they catalog now. We can't buy them if they aren't on the shelves. I want some more guns from them, but just putting them in the catalog won't do much for getting me one. They did better last year, and I could usually find at least one Colt 1911 in the local shop, but I'd like to see better. If they can just keep that up, it would be an improvement.