Practically Shooting

FNP-45, DA/SA, Matte Stainless - thoughts?

Pablo

I thought you were looking for a metal .45?

In the $500 to $600 - ish plastic fantastic segment, I'm partial to the Beretta Storms because I like the italian looks of the Beretta, and the rotating barrel. I figure looks are as good a reason as any to buy a gun. I've looked at the FN's a few times and really didn't see anything that distinguished them from the others in their segment. Not that that means anything; they're all fine weapons.

I think that if there is a gun you like, just get it, it will probably work just fine. If you don't like it, just toss it back in the safe - it's not like they eat anything or take up a lot of space.

I bought the bloody thing for an interesting reason. The controls are very much like my 1983 Sig! Well except they are ambi.

The gun is well put together, feels really really nice in my hand - not big at all. The 14 round mags are nice. My eye ball likes the sights big time.

I bought the bloody thing for an interesting reason. The controls are very much like my 1983 Sig! Well except they are ambi.

The gun is well put together, feels really really nice in my hand - not big at all. The 14 round mags are nice. My eye ball likes the sights big time.

I went through two 50 round boxes of 45 ACP like nothing. The gun does shoot nice. Cycles very cleanly.

But man talk about serious magazine springs....sometimes though a tiny amount of silicone lube on the plate helps - not with the spring, just helps it from getting angled when shoving ammo in, I'm going to try that. Got a huge hernia with the last two rounds in the mag each time!