Practically Shooting

Funny local stories...

Pablo

Our local (Seattle) gun chat board is rife with humor. Fat guys video taping themselves shooting black rifles and others laughing at them, dudes calling each other douche bags and colostomy bags....but the area store reviews seem to push hot and humor buttons. Here's one short story:

Quote:
Hah! Butch's...I haven't been in there in at least 10 years.

Last time I was in there it was with a friend (he's probably going to read this and laugh), he was looking for a Browning Buckmark. Two old fat guys sitting behind the counter seemed really annoyed at having to stand up, but the fattest one digs out the Browning and my buddy looks it over. He asked the guy about disassembly, since the Ruger .22 has such a reputation for being a pain, and fatty demonstrates by fiddling with it until the slide comes off and a spring SHOOTS out, hits him in the eye and disappears into the dark regions of the Sandford and Son part of the store. He's still pushing the sale though (with one eye watering), and my buddy points out that the finish (enamel or something) is chipped at the barrel end and silver is showing through, so wants one new in box (also wanted one that still had whatever spring that was). Fatty digs out a SHARPIE and colors in the chip and says "good as new", with a look on his face like he'd just invented the (expletive deleted) .

Not only have I not been back since, I've so thoroughly marked them off my "places to shop for guns" list that I completely forgot they existed.

Yep, it's sad, Oz gun laws are pretty sad.

Like the debate on the other board that shall now be nameless, a lot of regs are arbitrary.

Crossbows are illegal in my state, but you can board public transport with a bow...might be hassled, but still legal (moreso than a bullet proof vest, which can be years in jail).

The bloke has always been a bit dodgy...last dog I bought was off him, and the writhing pile of poo on my car floor (it was riddled with worms) I shall never forget.

Probably many interesting firearms will be and have been destroyed.

True, but the the whole Oz gun buyback was an utter disgrace...the locally made semi auto .22 that Lionel Bibby used to trick shoot has by and large been wiped out.

Funny how everything seems to have historical significance except firearms.

Local small arms factory turned in dozens of Bren guns, and the Govt tried to stop them claiming compensation