Practically Shooting

Hickok45 shoots slugs at 230 yds

G-MAN

Two great quotes:

"Quigley Shotgun"

"Life's really good"

I'm both impressed with his skill, and not surprised at the shotgun's capability.

In a class a couple of years ago, the instructor had us shoot at a gong about 12" across and kept pushing us back until we couldn't hit it. We shot from whatever position we wanted (nearly all of us prone) but the thing is, he made us hold center- no holdover- just to show us what that could give us. We ran out of room (100 yards) before we ran out of shotgun/ammo combinations that were capable.

The guy is a great shot with any gun.

Not so surprised with slugs - I've gone through more than a few in my time with both my 12 Ga. and my 410. I don't think we ever shot more than 100 yards though. I love those perfect round holes and the power remaining.

How big is wild Bill? Maybe it's the autoloader but it seems like it hardly moves him.

The guy is a great shot with any gun.

Not so surprised with slugs - I've gone through more than a few in my time with both my 12 Ga. and my 410. I don't think we ever shot more than 100 yards though. I love those perfect round holes and the power remaining.

How big is wild Bill? Maybe it's the autoloader but it seems like it hardly moves him.

I think he's said that he's 6'4".

What struck me about those perfect round holes is that the slug was still flying true at 230 yards--no keyholing.

Originally Posted By: CamuMahubah
Originally Posted By: Pablo

He's 80 inches tall...

He's 6'8"? Where did you find that out?

Nevermind. I see he has a FAQ on that. That's tall. And I think his son John is taller than his dad.