Practically Shooting

Ruger LC9

CamuMahubah

http://ruger.com/products/lc9/index.html

Blah! It's ugly and Kel-Tec already makes some great lil guns but alas...YMMV...You might like it...

Ruger had everybody going about some awesome new gun that was to be unveiled todady at 3pm on their website. I was expecting a Ruger 1911 for the 100th anniversary...that or a SR40c...

From what I can tell the LC9 has the exact external dimensions as the LCP. I'll bet current LCP owners will have some serious caliber envy when they see the LC9. I'd even go so far as to say the .380 auto cartridge might begin to lose it's shine for sub-compact carry guns?

Wayne

Pass on the Kel-Tecs. My Dad has one and its a piece. Terrible trigger, VERY inaccurate and not impressed with their "customer service".

His Kahr is quite a bit better but still I'd look at the Ruger. There is no way I'd buy a Kel-Tec after playing with Dad's.

Really. Its that bad.... :spank:

I seriously doubt they are all that bad...to each his own I say. I never base a firearm opinion on one guy who bought a gun and had a bad experience. You can search the internets and find a post just like the one above about any gun. Any gun.

Originally Posted By: Bill_in_Utah
Pass on the Kel-Tecs. My Dad has one and its a piece. Terrible trigger, VERY inaccurate and not impressed with their "customer service".

His Kahr is quite a bit better but still I'd look at the Ruger. There is no way I'd buy a Kel-Tec after playing with Dad's.

Really. Its that bad.... :spank:

I seriously doubt they are all that bad...to each his own I say. I never base a firearm opinion on one guy who bought a gun and had a bad experience. You can search the internets and find a post just like the one above about any gun. Any gun.

But I do listen to people who report on their experience. If they have a gun that has a terrible trigger, takes 8 weeks to get the weapon fixed (talk about a run around from the people in Florida) and once it returned being not accurate at all (I'm talking 8 inch groups around 30 feet and we DO know how to shoot) I'm going to take that into account.

Just like I'll take into account that people like their xxxx weapon.

You go buy one and let us know your experience.

Then we will have two opinions.

Take care, Bill

Well I didn't want to make this thread about Kel-Tec and all...there is a .32 for sale at the local shop. Maybe I should buy it but I need bowling pin killers and I don't think the Kel-Tec will do it well! LOL

The reason I posted the Kel-Tec links is so one could compare the size of the Kel-Tec with the Ruger as most of us have prolly seen a Kel-Tec at the gun shop...

Happy Booming! cheers2

From what I can tell the LC9 has the exact external dimensions as the LCP. I'll bet current LCP owners will have some serious caliber envy when they see the LC9. I'd even go so far as to say the .380 auto cartridge might begin to lose it's shine for sub-compact carry guns?

Wayne

I'm completely wrong - the LC9 is quite a bit larger externally than the LCP.

Wayne

• 10 months later...

Originally Posted By: wwillson

Wayne

I'm completely wrong - the LC9 is quite a bit larger externally than the LCP.

Wayne

True. They call um pocket 9's but you have to have BIG pockets to get that pistol to slip in and out of.