Practically Shooting

Hornady LEVERevolution!

Pablo

Very effective rounds. Also very expensive. Barnes also makes some impressive bullets but again $$$ is the word.

They are faster since they are lighter.

I've always used either a reloaded JSP or full lead round and they have killed anything I've shot well. Both in the .357mag or .44mag Marlins.

For blowing up items I use an JHP and that works WELL! Nothing like a milk jug being here today and gone today... Vapor! t-up

Very effective rounds. Also very expensive. Barnes also makes some impressive bullets but again $$$ is the word.

They are faster since they are lighter.

I've always used either a reloaded JSP or full lead round and they have killed anything I've shot well. Both in the .357mag or .44mag Marlins.

For blowing up items I use an JHP and that works WELL! Nothing like a milk jug being here today and gone today... Vapor! t-up

Well for sure faster than 240 and 300 gr bullets. Seems like on paper As with any cartridge, you can get some better power via speed with handloads. Is this table for muzzle velocity?

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/ftx_load_data/44RemMagFTXRifle.pdf

Pablo,

It's a load table for those that want to use this particular Hornady bullet with the powders on the left. The red cells just mean that the charge weight is the maximum charge for that powder. The velocity is what you'll get with the charge weight of the powder on the left.

Wayne

Pablo,

It's a load table for those that want to use this particular Hornady bullet with the powders on the left. The red cells just mean that the charge weight is the maximum charge for that powder. The velocity is what you'll get with the charge weight of the powder on the left.

Wayne

Of course I understand that - but the velocity in the X axis - is that muzzle or 50 yds?

• 4 years later...

I'm currently using the leverevolution powder and hornady lever evolution projectiles in the 160 grain flavour. 

Using book loading info they shoot better and more accurately then any factory loads I used prior to the hand loads. That's a big heavy round. Should hit hard.