Practically Shooting

How many here load blackpowder

Squibload

I am curious to find out how many of the members dabble in black powder. I am a longtime reloader, but am a novice when it comes to black powder. Before I started in black powder I purchased Mike Ventorino's book on Shooting the big bore buffalo guns. It is interesting reading and has a lot of useful information on correct techniques Mike learned the hard way through trial and error.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two ML's, both in .50 cal, one is a CVA and the other a Thompson Center Hawkeye with all the brass. I am taking the TC on the late season deer hunt here.

HAs anyone else tried Jim Shockey's Gold in FFG? It seems to burn really clean and takes about 75% of the volume compared to RS.

• 1 year later...

I've messed with MLs a few times and find cap and ball revolvers about as much fun there is. I've been to the shoots at Friendship a couple of times and it's a site to see. I always come away from there wanting to build that squirrel rifle I've wanted since high school, but never do anything about it.

Now the only BP I shoot is my Trapdoor.