Practically Shooting

Got a Marlin 336 in 30-30 today

G-MAN

I've been toying with getting a lever gun for awhile and when I found out yesterday that Academy had the Marlin 336 on sale for $353.00 I took the plunge. I don't think you can beat that price for an American made lever action.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take it to the range on Tuesday and see how it shoots.

I have one in .35 Remington. These are solid well functioning rifles. While I have several Winchester 1894 lever actions and even a 1892 in .45LC; the Marlin rifles are better.

The ergonomics of the Marlin totally trump the Winchester straight stock (at least for me) and every 336 that I have shot has been very accurate.

I have one in .35 Remington. These are solid well functioning rifles. While I have several Winchester 1894 lever actions and even a 1892 in .45LC; the Marlin rifles are better.

The ergonomics of the Marlin totally trump the Winchester straight stock (at least for me) and every 336 that I have shot has been very accurate.

I agree on the ergos of the 336. I like the pistol grip stock. It hearkens back to the deluxe models of the Marlin 1881, which I think was the most graceful lever action ever made.