Practically Shooting

Opinions On The XD Grip Safety

CamuMahubah

Handling a bud's XDM 45. I noticed the grip safety. I'm in the market for a semi-auto and I don't wanna leave the XD's outta my considerations as they can be had in the service models for a very reasonable price.

I've also seen the grip safety on some 1911's recently something that I have never before noticed. I prolly didn't notice because I'm not at all interested in 1911's for my own reasons but I am interested in yalls opinions on grip safeties.

If they are not noticeable then I will put the XD in the running again. So what do yall think of them? If there was an option or a model without them would you buy that model instead? There isn't on the XD. I'm just saying...Can you live with it and shoot or do you actually like the grip safeties?

thanks Camu

And yes I know this has been done to death on other forums but I know yall from Bitog and here and I rather value yalls opinion over other places. But if you must link to me another forum that you trust and didn't just google up. I can and have done that.

Hickock doesn't like the safety but he actually likes the grip of the XD better than the Glock. He admits so...

Thanks again yall...

The grip safety is an extra safety device to keep anyone from accidentally firing the gun while picking it up in the dark, grabbing it out of a range bag, etc. There is so much debate about "what if I don't have the proper grip in an emergency and it won't fire". I believe the answer is simple - anyone who plans on using a firearm for defensive purposes should practice, practice, practice. If you are practiced with your firearm, the whole debate is a non-issue. I do like the idea of a grip safety like the 1911 and quite frankly welcome it...

If you like the way the XD handles, then put it high on your list!

Wayne