Practically Shooting

How Much Should I Pay For A Used...

CamuMahubah

Plastic 9mm? Leaning towards a Glock 23 Gen 3 for $475. Would rather pay $425 and prefer the model 19 size. It doesn't have to be a Glock. Should I keep looking and waiting or buy the 23?

I would prefer 9mm and yes I know the 23 is a .40. It's just available in my town. How much are used poly 9mm's going for in your area?

Can you guys tell me some other models you would consider that are comparable to the Glock 19 so I can price them on Gunbroker.

Is the S&W Sigma a viable alternative?

Alternative to a Glock? No. The S&W M&P 9mm is a viable alternative to a Glock. But it's going to be more expensive than a Glock. It's really hard to beat a Glock when it comes to price and performance.

Primary Use= The Firing Range

Not Self Defense.

I want a semi-auto that's reliable, durable, and fun to shoot. I want a Glock because they are known for reliability. I want a pistol I can shoot 500rds of in one session. I prolly never shoot more than a box of 50 but want that capability. In short I want a Glock or if I buy new I want American made as in M&P or Ruger. I cain't afford new so I'm getting a Glock. The 19 fits my hand best.

If the Glock fits your hand, then I think it will serve you well.

Personally, I don't own a Glock because I believe there are much more comfortable grips out there on pistols that are reliable and fun to shoot. For example, I own a XDm, which has a comfortable grip and a fantastic trigger for a plastic gun. I also own a Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm, which I believe has the most comfortable grip on the market, but doesn't have a trigger like the XDm.

There are many good used guns out there on gunbroker and elsewhere.

Just food for though,

Wayne

I don't like the grip safety on the XD or would be looking at one of those. XD or XDM was my first choice but after shooting my buddies XDM .45 I decided I didn't like that grip safety at all. Do the regular XD's have the grip safety?

I would like an M&P but I don't even see them new around here. I'm looking at spending about $450. Don't worry I'm gonna seriously take a look for an M&P used unless you guys think that the trigger might be discouraging for someone new to autoloaders.

I want all the opinions I can get. This will be a thoroughly researched decision before I buy. If I handle the M&P and just have to have it then I will wait and buy new.

If I buy new it will be American Made and that's that. How much would you guys expect to pay for a Smith & Wesson 9mm? I see Sigmas advertised for $329 and that is my price range but I just don't know much about them.

Looking up Rugers I just stumbled across the P95. Wow! I think that is just the gun for the job I have to do! You see there's talk of bowling pins hanging out at the bottom of a big berm that I know of about 9 miles outta town...

Yah I'm needing an economical "wondernine" and if my dealer can get me a brand new one for $300 bucks or so that will prolly be the ticket...

The S&W SD9 is another one to look at. I picked one up the other day and its a shooter. Much better than the sigma and priced very well. Front night site and steel mags. Plus normal rifling.

I'll be posting some pics here (hopefully) this weekend.

The P95 is a great weapon for the $$. So is the P85MKII or P89. Love both of mine.

The SR9C is also a great choice.

Truth is there are many EXCELLENT choices out there for 9mm pistols.

Take care, bill

Looking up Rugers I just stumbled across the P95. Wow! I think that is just the gun for the job I have to do! You see there's talk of bowling pins hanging out at the bottom of a big berm that I know of about 9 miles outta town...

Yah I'm needing an economical "wondernine" and if my dealer can get me a brand new one for $300 bucks or so that will prolly be the ticket...

I had a P95. It is a good pistol and very affordable.

A local gun shop often has used factory refurbished (gunsmith checked) Glocks for sale for $380-400 depending on the caliber. They also at times have used Sigs and S&W's. The guns show some holster wear. In Ohio, we have a lot of Gun Shows where you can bargin on a used gun, but you have to really know the in's and out's of the weapon you are buying. I have a Glock 34 that has never had functioning problems with factory loads or handloads. I did switch out the front and rear sights with a set of Novak's. Good luck with your Glock search.