Practically Shooting

varmint scope

hittman

I really think for your purposes the Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm LR is about perfect for varmint shooting. Now I admit that I'm a bit biased because I have the exact same scope, but man does it work. If you want better glass and a larger objective lens, which will give you better clarity (if you really need it?), then go with the VX-7L 4.5-18x56mm Long Range. The VX-7 uses better glass, but you'll pay dearly. Which ever scope you go with, just make darn sure you get the varmint reticle.

Wayne

i need a new varmint scope. any thoughts? for a .223 ar

I've got this on 2 of my AR-15s and its been great. Now with full disclosure I've NOT shot a 1000 rounds in one sitting with it but so far no problems with maybe 100 rounds in a session.

(pardon the normal mess)

Total rounds down range with both are in the thousands. Its not an Leupold (I've only had a couple) but neither is the price. grin

Nikon also makes some nice optics. My cousin has this one mounted on his AR and its been great too.

What is your budget? Use?

Take care, Bill