Practically Shooting

XD Subcompact 9mm or S&W M&Pc 9mm?

wwillson

All,

I've come to the conclusion that my XDm 9mm is pretty hard to conceal because of the long grip. No, I don't carry in Illinois as I don't care to go to jail, but do spend considerable time in states in which I can legally carry... I've decided to get a XD SC 9mm or S&W M&Pc 9mm because their short grip is much easier to conceal.

My question is which one? I really like the way they both fit my hand, the grip length is virtually identical, and they are both fine firearms. I've read a ton of posts on other forums, much of which seems to be religion instead of unbiased fact.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either way and why?

BTW - I've looked at the Glock 26 and find the grip to feel like a 2x4 in my hand, so it's not an option. I also looked at the Ruger LCR, but it's not any smaller than the XD SC or M&Pc. Yes the slide on the autos is much larger than the barrel of the LCR, but the grip, which is the hard part to conceal, isn't any smaller on the LCR. I would rather have an auto than a revolver, so the LCR isn't at the top of my list either.

Thanks,

Wayne

Can you use the mags/clip out of your XDm in a XDc if you got one?

With my M&Pc I carry it with the smaller mag/clip in it but a larger one on the belt. So in a 9mm almost 30 rounds with 2 mags/clips plus one in the chamber. (If I can't take care of "business" with that much I'd better just throw the pistol at the perp or save the last round for myself)

Also, will the holster you have for the XDm work for the XDc? With the Crossbreed that I use either the full size or compact work fine.

If the above will work with each other, I'd prob suggest to get a XDc as you just doubled the mag/clips for it and hopefully the leather will work. Plus its the same platform so nothing "new" to learn.

With that said, I really LIKE the M&Pc and check out a Ruger SR9C. I may have Crossbreed make me a setup for it before the end of the year.

Take care, Bill

I bought BOTH the XM 9mm Subcompact and the M&P 9c! I had enough money on my incentive card, which I really can't spend anywhere else, to buy both, so I did just that. I'm going to figure out which I like better and sell the other. It will take a few months to make the choice, but I'll do a write-up why I chose the one I did.

Now I just have to wait three days until I've cooled off enough to take possession! grin

Wayne