Practically Shooting

Bersa Thunder 9 Pro Range Report

JayPee

I went to the range today to continue testing my newest Bersa Thunder 9 Pro and had a very good day. I ran its round count up to 450 rounds, and functioning was flawless. I came away with this target.

There are 66 9mm holes in the body of the target, all fired standing, two hands unsupported, mostly isoceles stance. The ammo used was Federal American Eagle 115 grain FMJ. They are grouped slightly to the right of center for a most excellent reason - last week I grouped them to the left, and I am an equal opportunity trigger yanker.

I fired them like this:

7 Yards, 17 rounds as double action singles, lowering the gun and decocking after each shot.

15 yards, 17 rounds fired as pairs, one double action shot followed by a single action shot, decocking and lowering the gun after each pair.

25 yards, 32 rounds fired slow fire single action, 17 from my third factory mag and 15 from a converted Beretta mag.

Then I got brave with my Bushy A3 rifle and tried 19 rounds standing offhand at 50 yards with iron sights and common Winchester 55 grain .223 ammo, with the point of aim being the head of the silhouette. No sling support, fired in five round strings.

And while I certainly won't win any shooting awards, I proved to myself that even an olphart like me can still scare the pants off of a zombie or two on a good day. And what a fun day it was. Hope yours was too.

Jer