Practically Shooting

Anyone own a Ruger SR9 or SR9c?

wwillson

Wayne,

Do not go shoot a SR9c at a rent a range. Why? Because you'll buy it! grin

Just got back and I took my unbiased 16 year old daughter with me (she has quite a bit of experience) to also judge the pistols.

I had her shoot;

Ruger P89

Ruger SR9C

Ruger P90

Ruger LCP

S&W M&P 40 full size

Browning Buckmark

and her Ruger MKii 6 7/8

She also shot my Dad's Kel-Tec P11 and his Taurus M85 snub

She liked the M&P the best, close 2nd the SR9C, Her MKII, then the P89/P90, Buckmark then the LCP. Hated the Kel-Tec and really does not like snub nose guns.

For me, I have to say I love the SR9C. Better trigger than the M&P (slightly but better) and accurate as they get. Also like the adjustable rear sight!

Recoil was well controlled and with both size mags fired flawless. Put 200 rounds through it. 150 115gn FMJ reloads then 50 of my 124gn lead lighter loads.

Nice gun. For the price its a REAL nice gun. I'm afraid to let my wife shoot it (even though my Daughter came in the house and told her that Dad's new gun is a real nice gun) as she would prob want one to carry instead of her J frame. She has been wanting something that she does not have to carry a speed loader with her.

Its the best 9mm striker type gun I've used. It is a keeper. (I think either my P89 or P85 MarkII will be for sale sooner than later)

The glock type weapons have come a long ways since the first Glocks!

Bill