Practically Shooting

Quick Range Report - FM 90

JayPee

Hello Gents,

Here's a quickie range report on my new FM 90 for those who may be interested in buying one. It isn't very complete but it established to my satisfaction that these are good, accurate guns. Here goes.

I needed to go up to the range today and check on my supplies and equipment for next week's milmatches so I took the FM 90 along in case I got a chance to fire it. I wound up putting 60 rounds through it, 50 being 115 grain Federal AE hardball. The first ten rounds were WW Value Pack fired into the bank for function testing.

From the bench the new pistol groups well, about an inch and a half left of center and dead on POA for elevation at 15 yards. I fired one big 30 round group that opened up about a 2 1/2 inch ragged hole left of center with some flyers scattered around. Then it made my day with a separate five shot group measuring 1 1/2 inches just before I left for home. I hadn't cleaned the gun, just inspected it, oiled it up and started shooting. Here's the group that made my day:

Doggoned pistol missed the quarter five times in a row!

It was cold and wet and rainy and dreary, the temp being down in the mid forties and it really wasn't a good day for a guy with advanced arthritis in his shooting hand to try and get good groups with a gun having a hard trigger. Howsomever, the trigger pull is totally clean-breaking and crisp and made the shooter look good.

All in all I came away convinced the gun will be a very good shooter and the investment was a good one. My friend also shot his identical brand-new FM 90 with similar results and we had no failures of any kind.

I want to do a range report in decent weather using several different loads to give folks a better cross section of performance. But for now, this is the best I can do. Have no fears about these guns being shooters - they are. And I am absolutely impressed with the smoothness of their operation. Best wishes.

JP