Practically Shooting

Good Hi Power Buy

JayPee

For anyone who likes the Browning Hi Power style of pistol, the Argentine FM 90 and FM 95 are good quality close copies of the FN/Browning guns. Unfortunately, the new FM 95's became too expensive to import a couple of years ago because of the weak dollar, but some very nice FM 90's are now showing up at what I consider to be good prices. They are minus the ambi safety, straight feed ramp, and firing pin safety of the later FM 95, but appear to be in really nice condition.

This is the Argentine FM 90 marketed by JG Sales out in Arizona. I borrowed their picture for this post. This one is one of their excellent-condition guns, which they sell for $339 plus a $10 hand pick fee. They also have them in "very good" condition for $309, with close up photos also available. Their shipping charge is $22 per pistol, UPS or FedEx ground.

SOG also has them in very good condition for $299, but the JG guns in excellent condition really caught my eye. Now if I could catch some bucks to go along with the desire. I guess I'll just have to see how close I am to the POD factor (Probability of Divorce) known so well to serious gun owners laugh

You can see them for yourself at:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/handguns/browning/p/argentine-fm-90-hi-power%2C-9mm-excellent-condition/cPath/16_477/products_id/4231

Jerry

PS - I believe they have the older small safety lever.

I don't either, but when they shoot as good as the FM 95 I foolishly let a relative talk me out of, believe me, you don't even notice. I may tempt fate and try to get one of these despite myself. I plan to call JG tomorrow and get some more details. Besides, having paid $850 for a 30 year old BHP just last Fall, $339 looks pretty darn nice. I figure I can get it out the door for $400. We'll see.

JP