Practically Shooting

Another Gunshow

Arkie_Lefty

Going to Jonesboro AR today. I'm going to be looking for a mainspring housing and related parts for the Sringfield Armory 45 I bought a few weeks ago. Also wood grips for the Colt Diamondback purchased in Little Rock show two weeks ago. Possibly some .356 bullets to use in 38 Super reloads. Course, a real steal in another gun would be hard to pass up, but I don't have any pressing desires for anything specific at the moment.

Bob

UPDATE;

Semi successful gunshow trip. Got 1,000 125gr RNL bullets for 38Super reloads, set of used Pachmayr "Hybrid" grips (walnut with rubber insert finger grooves) for Diamondback, Yea, I know, won't do anything for value, but they sure feel good and look much better than all rubber Pachmayr "Presentation" atrocities that were on it! Wife was along and I bought her a nice all leather zipper pouch handgun purse. No 1911 parts. Closest thing to a bargain gun was a Rock Island Armory 38Super with acne (had 4-5 heavily pitted spots on slide. Fugly appearance, no effect on function. Guy was asking $350. I made a couple more circles, and when I came back to dicker he'd already sold it!

Also bought a brick of Armscor (SP) high velocity, hollow point, made in the Philippines, 22 long rifle ammo! Haven't seen this stuff in years, back then it was HOT. And cheap. Haven't fired any of this yet, but at 500 @ $31. it ain't cheap. Realize I got "gun show raped" but I wanted to see if it was good as it used to be.

Really was a good day. Then went by "Ron's Fish House" for supper. Their slogan is "62 Feet Of All You Can Eat"! Catfish filets, catfish Steaks (bone in), Cajun catfish, frog legs, crawfish, shrimp, various chicken dishes, various beef and pork offerings,

They have cooking staff, cashier, and cleanup staff. All else is self serve. Ok by me long as they're up front about it. No reason to leave a tip.

OVER ATE!!!

bOB