Practically Shooting

Custom Ruger

Arkie_Lefty

Been tinkering with a Ruger 10-22 for a year now, had a regular black anondized frame bead-blasted, then installed a O. E. Ruger stainless bbl. and Timmeney trigger. Having a local specialty shop applying a dipped finish in carbon fiber pattern (they usually do cammo).

Anyhow, the only thing I'm ready to show pics of is the butplate I had coated at the local truck-bed lining place. When installed on carbon fiber look I think it's gonna be too sharp!

Bob

I bedded the action and am now waiting to get the stock back from here;

http://www.camo-solutions.com/camo_patterns.htm

If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page you'll find the "carbon Fiber" finish I'm having applied. This guy is about 20 miles north of me and is a great individual. He went to Sweden to view the system he's using, then spent a couple weeks in Florida learning how to use it. Invested $100,000. plus. But his business is going well and he's probably another week from having my stock done.

Action, bbl, and 4x Burris scope will be stainless color with black rings mounted in CF finish stock. Never seen one like it, getting anxious to lay eyes on it!

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Finished pics.

Stock is a birch carbine with front cut off at an angle, finger grooves cut. Has a "dipped" carbon fiber effect finish, and a "burn victim" Rhino Lining coated butt plate.

Bolt face has been squared, and a Timney trigger installed are the extent of mechanical mods.

Receiver is from an early 93XXX serial number gun, beadblasted and clearcoated.

Barrel is NOS from when stainless bbls were actually stainless.

Scope is a 4X Burris that spent years on Wife's Mini30. Walmart rings and bases.