Practically Shooting

1911 Photo Display Stand

Arkie_Lefty

Cobbled this together a couple months back to take photos of 1911 handguns without laying them flat on their sides. Seen others made of wood with a carved upright basically the size of a mag that look real nice, but having a few old unreliable mags laying around and an assortment of scrap metal at work this seemed to be a quick and easy fix.

Next project will be to build one with a hinge/pivot where mag attaches to base to allow angled shots.

Bob

Well, I'm 56,5'11", overweight,arrogant,third time married, and been dobbing ferrous metals together for the past 42 years. wink

The current MACHINE I'm using is a 215amp Lincoln mig. By far the best I've ever had the good fortune to own.

Bob

LOL, Left myself wide open for that one. t-up

I have a little Hobart 140 thats seen better days and have been thinking of going to a Lincoln with a little more umph like yours.

Originally Posted By: Arkie_Lefty

Well, I'm 56,5'11", overweight,arrogant,third time married, and been dobbing ferrous metals together for the past 42 years. wink

The current MACHINE I'm using is a 215amp Lincoln mig. By far the best I've ever had the good fortune to own.

Bob

LOL, Left myself wide open for that one. t-up

I have a little Hobart 140 thats seen better days and have been thinking of going to a Lincoln with a little more umph like yours.

Advice, worth what it costs. As I say I've been welding in a automotive/muffler shop for over 40 years. A mig is the finest machine imaginable when you are going to be doing basically the same procedure repeatedly. It must be set up for 1 basic function. In my case, .035 wire, CO2 gas, to weld 16ga. thru 3/8 mild steel. To rebuild dozer tracks, you need heavier wire, to patch a automotive fender you need much smaller. In a home shop an old-fashion stick machine (though reverse polarity and D.C. functions are nice!) is much more versatile, just by changing rod types/sizes.

Bob