Practically Shooting

Renewed Interest Reason #1

Arkie_Lefty

Mentioned in another thread that I'd gotten re-interested in shooting. Main reason was the few days spent New Years weekend with my Nephew in Nebraska. Last week at the Las Vegas Shot show he gained full membership in the American Pistolsmith's Guild. He'd been an inductee for the past year, serving a 1 year probation.

After seeing his work, and his enthusiasm, I just had to get the two pistols he's worked on for me out and start banging away!

This is the uglier of the two. It's a really early "race gun", possibly built by Bill Wilson of Berryville AR, but no way to know for certain. Last year Joe (my Nephew) gave it a "tune up" and trigger touch up. It's finished in hard chrome, and I've replaced the thumb safety and slide release since owning it.

Shame it can't be documented. Also a shame such a fine old military collectible has been totally ruined as a collectible. Oh Well, makes one helluva shooter! t-up

Starboard side "U. S. Property". Portside "Remington Rand" the typewriter company! They only made 1911A1's under contract to Springfield Armory (the one owned by U. S. military, NOT the current corporation). Guns at least 70 years old!!!

If he's still alive brown-nose ol' Uncle out of his pistola. If he's done passed on, STEAL IT!!

Bob