Practically Shooting

Feels Like The First Time!

Arkie_Lefty

But it's coming back quickly! Haven't reloaded in going on 10 years for various reasons.

This forum and couple other things have re-kindled my interest in shooting and a safe full of fine firearms. Naturally when brass begins to pile up, I can hear it screaming "LOAD ME! LOAD ME!!"

So, yesterday I hitched up the old RCBS Piggy Back and started dumping 4.5 grains of Red Dot, Winchester WLP primers, and a 200gr flat point lead bullet into 45ACP cases. Makes a really mild load, and when I've used up the 4-500 of those bullets I have on hand, all I'll have to do is substitute 230gr RNL bullets with no other changes, got a thousand or so of them!

How many rounds do yall suppose will be necessary to remove an old stump from the back yard now?

Bob

How many rounds do yall suppose will be necessary to remove an old stump from the back yard now?

Bob

LOL.. Those stumps are devilish critters, I worked on one for a couple years at my dad's once!

BTW... Glad to hear you rekindled your love affair with the ol' one armed bandit!!

I know the feeling. It's been a while since I actually loaded centerfire anything. Having some rifles that require reloading because of lack of factory ammo or ammo being very expensive, I now have started reloading again. My, how componet prices have changed over the years!

I use H414 in my 22-250 improved. I had 8 pounds from the late eighties and paid $32 dollars for the surplus powder. Now, it's $135 for the same stuff. WOW! I guess the surplus is now gone.

Factory ammo for my 8mm mag and 350 Remington mag are now over $70 a box, if you can find them. I have a lot of new unprimed brass for both so reloading is the only answer.