Practically Shooting

Range report Bushmaster AR-15

wwillson

All,

I finally got a chance to shoot my Bushmaster AR-15 from this thread.

Unfortunately, it was only 6F and about a 10mph wind. We were a bit rushed trying not to freeze and couldn't use our preferred range as the good rest already occupied. We ended up driving to a piece of property we own and used the car hood for a rest (I know...). We shot at targets stapled to plywood stuck into a big snowdrift behind a terrace (getting hokier by the minute). The good news is that the AR was just awesome. With everything working against us we were still able to shoot 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with 25.0g 4064 & 55g Hornady V-Max bullets. The trigger is absolutely fantastic with very little take-up and about a 4 pound very crisp break. The Leupold scope was great to look through and clarity is just outstanding. I really like the 6.5x-20x zoom, although the dial was a bit stiff in the cold temps.

This rifle is really a tack driver! I can't wait until it warms up this spring so we can get the bags out and really see what it can do.

Cheers,

Wayne