Practically Shooting

Oh, no! I bought another pistol!

G-MAN

I picked up this SIG P6 (P225) last week on Gun Broker. Ad said it was "like new" and "looked unfired" and that is an accurate description. I just finished striping and cleaning it and the Nitron finish isn't even worn off on the barrel feed ramp.

This is one of the surplus German police pistols that are being imported. Some of these pistols saw a lot of use, others were issued to cops that rode a desk. Clearly mine was the latter. It doesn't even have any holster wear.

I was super impressed with the quality of this pistol, inside and out. I can see now where SIG gets its reputation. And it's got the best SA trigger pull of a DA auto I've ever felt. And the best DA pull, period. Beats my Ruger P95 hands down.

Off to the range tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

I had a Sig P226 in while in college.

The quality of the Sig is simply outstanding. I got rid of it, though, because I don't care for a DA to SA system. It was one very accurate, well made weapon, however!

The quality is really something. This P6 was made in 1982, and while it hasn't seen much use, I did replace the recoil spring with a new SIG replacement spring even though the gun functioned flawlessly when I fired a whole box of ammo through it. When fully relaxed, the new spring was about 1/2" longer than the old, so I think it was time for a new one.