Practically Shooting

Red dot on an AR

JSharp

I ordered one of these yesterday to try on the Rock River carbine I just bought -

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=18&categoryId=5

It's a Chinese Aimpoint M3 copy sold by primary Arms for $69. 30mm tube, 4MOA dot, etc.

I couldn't decide if I wanted an EOTech or an Aimpoint and what dot size to get if I did go with an Aimpoint. So I figured this would be a cheap way to try one out before I dropped $400+ on something I might not like.

Some guys on AR15.com seem to love these things. So if I don't like it I can probably unload it. And if it's OK I can move it to my SKS and buy something better for my AR.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently shopping for a Red Dot or a variable powered scope. I ordered my PMAGS from Primary Arms so I have experience with that company.

Who makes that Red Dot for Primary? Chinese? Just wondering your experience with the sight? I need something to knock bowling pins down at 200m. My Army Ranger buddy uses a 1x4 but he wants an Aimpoint. Should I save for the Aimpoint or is this sight, the one you have, a good place to start?